Help the hungry. ♥

Fighting world hunger

5/8/10

Fred

Not too far away from my house there's a 'home' for older people with mental/family problems, or something along the lines of that. It's behind my old school, and I've seen it a few times. You'll learn why I've mentioned it later in this post.

Figure out this riddle.
Today, I decided that I would just have a stand selling chocolate, no lemonade.
I had one customer who bought one chocolate bar.
Each chocolate bar costs 2$.
I earned 10$ in the end.

How did I do it? Scroll down to find out. :)
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

An old, nice man named Fred was my first and last customer.
He only had 10+ dollar bills, which were wrapped around a pocket knife.
 I watched as he handed me $10.
Without requesting change, he left my stand with one chocolate bar.
I sat there with the $10, happy.

I've seen Fred before when I was selling lemonade. When I went inside out of excitement, my dad told me about the place I first mentioned.
Not to mention he made sure someone was watching me while I did my stand. :)


Thank you, Fred, for your random act of kindness and making sure I was safe. 

No comments: